Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2011 Goodreads Choice Awards

Hi Y'all!

I know I owe you a sales post. I have a few day job-related things to take care of, but I plan to tally up my totals and post them soon. *Promise*

In the meantime, I stumbled across a couple of fabulous new reviews for Cross My Heart. 

From Joyous Reads: 

"I’ve never been more inclined to re-read a book shortly after reading this. In fact, that’s what I did as soon as I finished wiping my wet, snotty face."

*love*

And, from a new Amazon review from Readergirl Reviews a Teen Book:

"These characters were drawn together inexplicably, but it was very naturally done, beautiful written, and unique. This is one of those books that doesn't have a whole lot of external conflict going on. It's almost completely character driven, and you would think this would make it boring, but not at all." 

The best part? "Beautifully written" and "character-driven." The. Highest. Compliment. 

In other news, I *just* found out that Cross My Heart was nominated for the 2011 Goodreads Choice Awards. I'm still kind of flabbergasted. Just looking at the names of the other authors who were nominated. . . . It's kind of insane. I *LOVE* these writers, you guys!

I know this is ratings/rankings-driven, so I want to give a *huge* thank you to everyone who read CMH, then ranked and reviewed it on Goodreads. I couldn't have done it without your willingness to spread the word.

Truth? I keep refreshing the page, thinking my book will disappear, and I spent about an hour researching and trying to figure out what it all means. (Seriously: I kept asking Mr. Klein: "What does this mean?!?!" I think it may have annoyed him.)

I've decided this is a *very* cool thing, and I'm so honored to be in the presence of some of the best YA writers in the industry.

Voting lasts through November. It goes without saying that I would *love* any vote you're willing to cast for Cross My Heart, if you feel inclined. :)

KK