Tuesday, November 15, 2011

News!


First, if you care *anything* about young adult literature, this is currently making you *squee* like a fangirl. 



Honestly? Best Trailer EVER! I think I watched it a dozen times yesterday.
Another (potentially) great movie heading our way?



Snow White is my least fav. of all the Disney Princesses. So glad to see she's finally kicking butt in this adaptation.

Also, Round Two voting is underway in the 2011 Goodreads Choice Awards. Cross My Heart is still up for Best YA Fiction. Sunday is the last day to vote before the field narrows to ten. If you voted for CMH during round one, I would *love* your votes for this next round, too

Despite the weekend off from the day job, I didn't get much writing done. I did, however, survive my first Renaissance Faire, and Sunday evening I managed to get some Christmas decorating done.

I'm not the type to decorate early (Thanksgiving comes first), but I'm seeing v. little free time this year, and I was afraid if I didn't go ahead and try to knock some of the decorating out I'd end up running behind and become a total Grinch. My new Michael Buble Christmas album arrived, anyway. I was just *begging* for a reason to put it on.

Anyway, it's been a whirlwind of a weekend/week so far. Honestly, in my world things are either not happening at all, or happening at lightning speed. I'm having some "lightning speed" moments here, lately.

So . . . that said: I am *thrilled* to announce that I am officially repped by Mandy Hubbard.

You know Mandy as YA Author Extraordinaire (Prada and Prejudice, You Wish, But I Love Him, Ripple, etc.) and super agent at D4EO Lit. At this point, you should know that I would not have said "yes" to just any literary agent (in fact, there are  v. v. few I would've even considered). I've known Mandy for a couple of years, though, and I'm familiar with her work. I *really* value her professional opinion (so, SO important!), and—bottom line—I know I'm in great hands.   

You can find more about Mandy here, and follow her on Twitter (@mandyhubbard)

I will keep you posted re: new developments as I'm able. ;)
 
KK