Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February Sales


If there is one thing that, as indies, we love, it's knowing each other's sales numbers. So, on this first day of March, I leave you with my official February numbers:

US Kindle: 33

UK Kindle: 2

BN Nook: 32

I mentioned in my previous post that I met my sales goal (50 books) about five days early. I'm hesitant to post another goal, because sales are so unpredictable from week to week. In fact, over half of these sales dropped in the last half of the month. Still, it's something to work toward, and motivates me to get my name out there. So . . . I'll say that, for March, I'd like to sell 100 copies. :)

I will be releasing another book this month, so maybe that will help. (Stay tuned for more info!)

I know a lot of authors are playing around with their prices (especially lowering to 99 cents) to build readership. I can't say that's something I'll never do . . . but it's not something I'm going to try yet. I seem to be gaining readers with the $2.99 price point, and I'm happy with the increase I'm seeing. If it ain't broke . . . you know. :)

And yes, my February numbers outsold December and January combined.

I'm sitting at 67 sales for the (short) month. :)

KK