Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Purging ALL the Things!

I am apparently in a Purge Purge Purge mood.

Delete Delete Delete

Omit Omit Omit

I say that because I trashed about 5,000 of my "darlings" on this last read-through of the WIP.

I say that because I trashed two bags' worth of my daughter's desk junk yesterday.

I tossed entire paragraphs that didn't flow and markers that did not work.

And no one should have 500 crayons. No one. I mean, how many ceruleans could one possibly need?

I am all about some minimizing streamlining editing right now.

(In both the real world and my fiction world.)

And you know what? It's hard, but I don't miss those paragraphs as much as I thought I would. And the daughter? There was a meltdown, but when I saw her working happily at her desk that afternoon, I knew I made the right choice.

I have another POV to work on starting this week, and my next job is the daughter's room.

And then the playroom.

And then all of our closets . . .  until there is nothing left to purge. Nothing, I say. ;)

Be brilliant!

~Katie~