Sunday, December 7, 2014

Cool Writer/Reader Things: Booktrack

So maybe I was living under a rock--I don't know--but I got an email last week from Chazz over at Booktrack (who is super nice and helpful, by the way).

I had never heard of this site, though Hugh Howey has, apparently, so it wouldn't surprise me if I'm last to know everything.

Either way, soundtracks for books? 

ABSO-Freakin'-LUTELY.

I am *ALL* in.

So I signed up and signed in and decided to work on a preview of the novella--just an excerpt. It didn't take long at all, and now there's a song and a few sound effects, and it just sounds so sweet and festive. . . .

If you haven't had a chance to preview Once Upon a Christmas Eve yet, I hope you will.



And I hope you'll preview the version at Booktrack, because it is super-cool.

Oh, and if you're a writer, this site is free and SO easy to use. I'm not kidding.  Hugh Howey loves it, I love it--I figure that's about all the testimony you need, right? ;)

Seriously, though, I'm excited about this site and what it offers right now, and I'm definitely keeping my eye on it for future projects.

So . . . what are you waiting for? Go read and rate and share! 

When you're done with the novella preview, check out "Twas the Night Before Christmas." My daughter *loved* it. I'm sure we'll read it a dozen or more times between now and the 25th.

I love music, I love books--mixing the two is just the *ultimate*. 

Like a kid on Christmas morning. ;)

~Katie~