Friday, August 10, 2012

A Whole Lot of Random

I've been quiet all week, I know. Working on a super secret new project. (Not that it's super secret or amazing or anything, it's just that I tend not to discuss what I'm writing as I'm writing it. Sorry--just not a "post from the work in progress" kind of gal.)

It hasn't been all work work work, though. I spent yesterday afternoon mellowing at the pool, for instance. (And trying to catch up on my reading. I swear, my Kindle is overloaded.)

Seriously thought about posting a graph showing how much "work work" I've done this week, how much "writing work" I've done, and how much "other" work I've done (including pool time, procrastination, and watching of the Olympics), but I will SPARE YOU the graphs. ;)


 
Otherwise, I'm enjoying my new laptop--a MacBook Pro courtesy of Mr. Klein. I'm switching back and forth from PC (for work work) and the Mac (writing work), though, so I'm still getting used to all the Mac "frills." This is all v. alien for me.



 


I just finished reading (paperback) Stardust by Neil Gaiman. (Because I'm so pathetic I've never read anything by Neil Gaiman, and this feels wrong, somehow.) Totally remedied that.



 



I also finished Super Zero by Rhonda Stapleton on my Kindle. Super Fun and Super Sexy. *Love*







And finally (Nerd Alert!) I recently enjoyed watching this video on Creativity by John Cleese. Ignore the subtitles.




So many great ideas. . . . Now all I need is an hour and a half of uninterrupted "thinking" time in a house with a husband, kid, and two crazy dogs. 

Yeah. Not happening. :)

That is all.

Enjoy your weekend!

~K~

 Am listening to "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane