Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Links!

Hi Everyone!

I'm posting a few links for your Friday.

In my April Sales Post earlier this week, I mentioned that Amazon changed their algorithms. And then they changed them again. Here's a post from Phoenix Sullivan on how those changes will affect your "Free" status if you're part of KDP Select.

Also, I'm not one to shout Konrath-like of the "end of the traditional publishing age as we know it," but I love Love LOVE this post from Kristin Lamb.

I especially love the analogies: Tower Records, Kodak--both companies on top of their game that refused to adapt and then . . . well . . . Died. I'm throwing in my own analogy: As much as I love Blockbuster video, I love downloading movies on iTunes even more. It's fast, easy, and convenient, and fast, easy, and convenient prevails in our society. 

Love this quote:

"Some of the best books are coming out of this movement. Additionally, some of NY’s best talent has defected (Bob Mayer, Joe Konrath, and Barry Eisler to name a few) and more are bound to follow. Authors are getting tired of the depressing odds of success in the traditional paradigm. . . ."

No names, but I'll tell you that I know several traditional authors who aren't happy with the treatment they're getting from their publishers, and more and more are seriously considering going indie. And the Indelibles? I can't name a single member who regrets this path. I certainly don't.

And finally, this article talks more about the new Barnes and Noble/Microsoft partnership.

Happy Mother's Day to the Moms!
Happy Writing/Editing/Bookselling to the Writers!

And to everyone else: Have a great weekend! :D

~Katie~