Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Quick Update


I hope you'll forgive me for the sporadic blog posts, tweeting, responses, etc. 

The truth is, I'm making an insane amount of headway on Vendetta edits, and I'm trying to run with it while I can. This is also my last week of "summer vacation" (I use that term loosely since I work from home). The day job will take up more of my time starting in July, and I would really love to have this round of edits completed before it gets too crazy.

In the meantime, if you haven't already seen it, Meghan Cox Gurdon strikes again. You can read the defense of her last article about YA literature here.

Also, The reviews for Cross My Heart keep pouring in. A special thanks to @windsorstore for selecting Cross My Heart for their "Must Read Monday."

You can read the full review here. 

Be sure to check out their online store. I was totally sucked in last night, shopping when I was supposed to be editing.

Among my favs:

This bolero . . .



This . . .



And this . . .



If you have some time to kill, go shopping. 

And finally, I love that so many of you are reading and liking Cross My Heart (and telling others about it). 

This review (posted yesterday) was especially meaningful.

The reviewer says (among other things):

"What this book does the best though is expressing emotions. It takes you on such an emotional ride, you don't even realise how subtly (and sometimes rather completely) you're tied to the emotions of the characters. Every emotion Jaden feels, you feel in turn, which makes this an extremely powerful story."

Why do I appreciate this? Because writing takes me on an emotional roller coaster. The music I listen to when I'm writing, putting myself into the story . . . it's all emotionally draining. In Vendetta, Genesis is going through a personal hell, and it has been SO HARD to write/edit. I just want to get it right (whatever that means), and a few days have left me so mentally exhausted that I wanted to stay in bed all day, hiding under the covers. Everything my characters feel, I feel. When they're happy, I'm happy. When they're depressed, I'm depressed. It's reviews like this that remind me why I write what I write, the way I write, and why the temporary bouts of insanity are worth it.

That is all.

The end of the month is fast approaching! Be sure to check back on Friday. I'll have my June sales numbers!

KK