Wednesday, June 8, 2011

FAQs


I'm getting more and more fan mail these days, which I LOVE, so thank you for sending! I never wanted to become one of those authors who can't reply to everyone individually, but I'm beginning to see why some have to take this route (um, they would never get any writing done).

I'm not at this point yet, and I'm doing my best to respond to everyone as soon as I can. There are two questions that most of these emails center around, though, so I thought that answering them on the blog would help.

Question One: Will there be a sequel to Cross My Heart?

Answer: I have no idea. The truth is, I really like where Parker and Jaden end up, so I'm not sure I'm ready to revisit their world. I never say never, but right now I'm hard at work on Vendetta, so I'm knee deep in Seth and Genesis. It's on my mind (if not in the form of a sequel, possibly a related "companion" book), but it's not something I'm undertaking at this moment.

Question Two: Will there be a paperback version of Cross My Heart released?

The short answer to this question is that, while I love the idea of releasing a paperback, there's quite a bit of work involved. I'm researching the various possibilities, though, so it's on my radar, and something I'm definitely considering for the future. As of this blog post the print rights are still available, and I'm not against heading in a more "traditional" direction when it comes to this aspect of my writing.

I love books, and I would love to see a paperback version, too. I would venture to say: Yes, at some point there will be a paperback edition. How soon will this happen? I have no idea.

Wow. That wasn't really the "short" answer, was it?

At any rate, I hope this sheds some light on where I stand on these two (v. important) issues. I'm sorry I can't give you more definitive answers (I know those of you asking are looking for a hearty "yes"). Keep checking back, though. The moment any of this changes, you all will be the first to know. :)

KK