Monday, December 21, 2015

Finding Your Bliss


"If you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in the field of your bliss, and they open the doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be" (pg 150).

Am reading: The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell

~:|:~

Yeah, that sounds great, Katie, but what is my bliss?

I don't know.

Only you know the answer to that, but there are little clues in your life, and if you'll just pay attention they might tell you something.

What excites you?
What bothers you?
What problems do you run into regularly that need to be fixed?
What is that constant in your life--the idea or talent or activity you always come back to?
What makes you come alive? 

"Any life career that you choose in following your bliss should be chosen with that sense--that nobody can frighten me off from this thing. And no matter what happens, this is the validation of my life and action" (Campbell pg. 237).

I tell my students they will find the most fulfillment in life when they combine their passion with service to others. 

What makes me come alive, and how can I use this to help someone?

There's your bliss.

Be Brilliant!

~Katie~