Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Meditation Experience

Last fall was hard for me. There were a lot of different things going on, and a few things beyond my control that were having a profound effect on my life.

(And a few things that were within my control, as it turns out.)

I was feeling pretty helpless, actually, and right around that time another author I know posted a link to a "Meditation Experience." 

It was free, and meditation was something I'd always wanted to try, if only because I'd heard so many great things about it. I mean, we all know spending time in quiet contemplation is good for us.

So, with nothing to lose, I signed up. 

And you know what? It was good for me. 

Everything everyone had ever said about meditation was so true:


I felt calmer throughout the day.
I felt happier and more in control (because I recognized I wasn't in control).
I felt more in tune with my goals and what I was trying to accomplish--more mindful, I suppose. 

It sounds trite, but it kind of changed my life (and not my whole life, because I am a work in progress, but it definitely changed my way of thinking).

I am grateful to that author, because I needed this.

And now I want to share it with you, because there's a new experience starting next week. I've already signed up, and I'm really excited about it, if only because it's so hard to find "contemplative quiet time" when you're living with a toddler, and I'm not as consistent in meditating as I want to be.

If you're struggling with something, or you've always been curious about meditation but don't really know how to go about it, I would highly recommend signing up.

The 21-day experience is entirely free: there's a mini-lesson, a guided meditation, and even a reflective journal prompt every day, which really helped me pinpoint where I might be going wrong, and which values needed adjusting. 

I'm not selling anything--I'm just glad the opportunity was afforded to me last fall, and I would love for you to join me this spring. :)

Be Brilliant!

~Katie~