Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Random: On Trending

Here's your random thought for the day:

Why do I always fear the worst when I see someone trending on Yahoo? My first instinct is always a moment of brief panic as I think: "Oh, God No! Please don't let him/her be dead!"

As if people/celebrities cannot trend unless they have passed away. 

Honestly. 

The Duchess of Cambridge trends when she forgets her panties.

The Kardashians trend because. . . . Okay, I have no idea why these people trend.

Still, it doesn't matter how many irrelevant links I click; I am forever seeking out those who have died--hoping they haven't.

It's like my grandparents reading the obituaries in the newspaper, searching for friends and acquaintances, just to stay "in the know."

Welcome to the 21st century.

It's random, I tell you. So. Random.

That is all.

~KK~

P.S. I actually didn't even plan to post this. I came online to research something really fast, got caught up in Facebook and Twitter and things trending, and here I am. I swear, the internet can be such a time suck.

That, and I have v. little self control. :)