Friday, January 4, 2013

December Numbers and Year in Review

Hi Everyone!

I hope you had a fantastically restful holiday! 

I'm back with some numbers! 

The grand total for December:

3,539



The Guardian
            Amazon US: 1015, Amazon UK: 1, Amazon DE: 3, Amazon CA: 1, BN: 97, iTunes: 10, Kobo: 7
               Total: 1,134           (36.5 sales per day)

Cross My Heart
            Amazon US: 524, Amazon UK: 118, Amazon DE: 6, Amazon FR: 2, Amazon IT: 1,  
            BN: 293, iTunes: 327, Kobo: 139
               Total: 1,415       (45.6 sales per day)

Vendetta
            Amazon US: 458, BN: 31,  iTunes: 3, Kobo: 3
               Total: 495         (15.9 sales per day)
           
Revelation
            Amazon US: 395, Amazon UK: 1, BN: 26, iTunes: 5,  Kobo: 3 
               Total: 430         (13.8 sales per day)

Trilogy
            Amazon US: 40, Amazon DE: 1, BN: 14, iTunes: 1, Kobo: 9
                Total: 65           (2 sales per day)

And to recap my journey: 

In December 2010, I released my first ebook, The Guardian, and sold 19 books. In December 2011, I had three books available: The Guardian, Cross My Heart, and Vendetta, and sold 3,017 books. By December 2012, I'd added two more titles: Revelation and a 3-in-1 Trilogy omnibus.  

In 2010, I was stressing about where I was headed as a writer. 

Self-publishing? No way!

By July 2011, I'd sold 10,000 ebooks. By July 2012, I'd sold 30,000 copies of Cross My Heart alone. I hit the 50,000 ebooks sold milestone in September of 2012.

In 2011, I sold 21,373 ebooks.

In 2012, I sold 42,707 ebooks.

Since I began, I've sold a grand total of 64,080 ebooks. 

Self-publishing? Yes, please!

___________________________________________

At the start of the new year, I usually like to sit back and take stock in what I accomplished during the previous year and make plans for the coming months.

I haven't really done that this year, mostly because I feel like if my head is above water, I'm doing okay. I've been on break from work these past two weeks, though, and I remembered what I'm capable of accomplishing if I have more than an hour a day to write.

I feel like 2013 will be the "year of job lamenting," as I struggle with the fact that I am risk averse in that I will never quit my job as long as I have health benefits, and that I will never be able to write as much as I want while working full time. :)

The good news is Mr. Klein just completely overhauled my office: new paint, new lighting, relocated bookshelves. . . . AND I have an orchid. It's all very zen. Here's to many hours of producing new works for you to read.

And, that being said. . . .

I do plan to release a YA Contemporary Romance this year. 

And it will be sooner in the year, rather than later. I'm shooting for early spring 2013. There's still some editing to be done and beta readers to seduce and a cover to design. . . .

But I think you'll like it. I hope you will, anyway.

Obviously, more details will be forthcoming. :)

In the meantime, thank you so, so very much for a truly amazing 2012! I'm looking forward to everything 2013 has to offer.

Happy New Year! 

*mwah*

~Katie~