Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday Links

Yay! A post!

Seriously, blogging hasn't been much of a priority lately. Too much going on with all the holidays and revisions. I'll probably clock out in another week or two (as I'm sure you will), but I promise to warn you in advance. :)

In the meantime, I have some links to share!

1. Annie R. Allen posted this on Sunday, which has been getting a lot of attention. It's kind of a "state of the union address" for indies, and there are many MANY useful links.

I'll admit that the whole indie landscape has changed from when I first self-published almost two years ago, but we knew going into it that it was going to take some time to "sort everything out." I still believe that any rights an author can retain is a good thing. I still believe that any control an author can keep related to his or her work(s) is a good thing. BUT--things *are* changing, and it's always good to be informed.

I'll also say that I don't agree 100% with everything in this post, but it's a great overview of what's happening in the indie world. Take what you need, and leave the rest.

2. Next, the ever-fabulous Susan Kaye Quinn discusses Simon and Schuster's new "self pub program" and why you should avoid it.

3. Finally, Stacey Wallace Benefiel wrote a great blog about tackling that second novel when the whole world is chiming in. It's about losing yourself and deadlines and tuning out reviewers--something we can all relate to, I think.

Before I go, I'm still desperate for likes on my Amazon pages. I promised a deleted scene as a reward. Details are here!

I'll be back Friday with some hot new releases! 

Cross My Heart! ;)

~K~