Friday, September 14, 2012

Favorite Things

So here's what I'm loving right now:


The eighth and final season of Entourage

Dudes: I *love* this show. Probably more than I've ever loved a show before. Probably more than I should. 

The hubs and I don't have HBO, so we missed most of the original "run" of this. But then, two years ago, someone got us the season one DVD . . . and we were hooked. We immediately bought the rest of the seasons that were available. Last summer, we went through season seven.

We just started season eight last night, and ended up plowing through four episodes (and staying up until 1am, which was way too late). I'm sure we'll get through the rest tonight/this weekend.

It's totally ridiculous, but these people feel like "my boys." Like we all hang out together and go to parties and do stupid things and drop waaaaaay too many f-bombs. . . . Things I would *never* do in real life.

Every time a season ends I feel lost for a day or two.

I know this time is going to be worse, because it's the series finale. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do without Vince, Drama, Eric, Turtle, and Ari. (And God help us all if I ever meet one of these guys in person.)

I don't know what it is: good storytelling, lots of drama, great characters . . . but it worked (for me, anyway).

I've never really been a TV series kind of person, but I've also caught Mad Men from season one, I am *loving* New Girl (Season Premiere Sept. 25!), and I'm catching Melissa and Joey on Hulu. 

After Entourage ends, though, I'm thinking I need a new DVD series. I've heard so many great things about Downton Abbey, but I'm not sure I could talk the hubs into that one. I'm also thinking Game of Thrones. If you have any recommends, feel free to share. 

And, if you happen to adore Ari Gold: Step back. He's mine. ;) 

~K~