Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm Back, and Vendetta is Live!

Hi Everyone!

Yes, I went AWOL last week for my final two rounds of proofreading and formatting, but I am pleased to announce that the sequel to The Guardian, Vendetta, is now live. You can buy it for Kindle and Nook. I'm also playing with the "Amanda Hocking method" and making The Guardian my series "loss leader." It's currently priced at $.99. So . . . if you were on the fence before, $.99 isn't *too much* of a risk. ;)

I unplugged most of the weekend to catch up on some reading. I'm trying not to be angsty about the Vendetta release. Up until this weekend, though, it's been all mine. It's scary sending something out into the world not knowing how people are going to react. Will they love me? Will they hate me? Will anyone be interested at all? I swear, with writers, if it's not one thing it's another. The good news is, it's part of the process. Write a book, release it, freak out. Rinse. Repeat.

In the meantime, I read the most *FABULOUS* series ever this weekend. I actually read the first book a few weeks ago, and just picked up books two and three. It's the "Summer" series by Jenny Han. Seriously. I read the last two books in like, two days. AWESOME. Jenny is one of those story tellers that makes me want to go back and delete every word I've ever written. I hesitate to call it "light" reading, just because I hate that terminology. (To me, it implies that it's somehow not worthy of a critical reading/analysis.) They're books, and they're dang good books, and just what I needed this weekend to unwind. They all get five stars from me, so be sure to check them out.

A few other top reads this summer: I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler, and The Boyfriend Thief by Shana Norris.

Shana just blogged about her first month of ebook sales, and offers some great advice for anyone interested in taking the plunge.

As for me? I'm going to spend the next month brainstorming book three, of course :) I'm also going to catch up on my reading and movies. And, you know, focus on the day job and getting the kiddo back to school. If you're waiting for an email from me, I'm working through those this week, too, and will have some new YA Indie Spotlights for you very soon. :)

Have a great week!

~KK~