Friday, August 26, 2011

Anything Else?

Ugh! As if this week could get any crazier, there's a hurricane barreling straight for me. 

August has been one of the freakiest months ever. I feel like I've put out little fires the entire month. If something strange could happen, it did. Mercury was in retrograde during much of this, and while I try not to be a superstitious person, *something* cosmic was going on and throwing everything off kilter. If a hurricane is what it takes to usher this nonsense out, well, good riddance. 

In the meantime, if you're in the path of Irene, stay safe. And if you find yourself with some free time, create something! Seriously! Kate Messner is inviting people to submit their Irene-related creations (writing/artwork/otherwise) to her blog. She's calling it the "Hurricane Irene Online Museum." 

Very cool.

As for me, I'm wrapping up this insane work week and keeping my eye on the neighbors, who *really* need to get some of their belongings out of the yard and into their garage.

Oh, and Mr. Klein *finally* went out and got us a flashlight, just in case. 

Then again, should we actually lose power, this girl will be in her car heading to the nearest relative's house. I survived four days without power/water after Floyd in '99, and it was *not* fun. Just sayin'. :)

Have a great weekend! 

KK