Monday, September 27, 2021

What Should I Write About? Part Deux

A few weeks ago I wrote a post called "What Should I Write About?" 

In it, I argued that a writer should focus on an idea that excites them and/or something that piques their curiosity. 

This week, I'll be more specific, so. . . .


What Should I Write About?

Well, look around you. 

Photo by Suzy Hazelwood from Pexels

What's in the news? What are the hot topics? 

What headlines are grasping people's attention? 

What books are people reading? 

What movies and shows are they watching? 

What do they seem to want more of? 

What stories or storylines could use reinventing? 

Is there a new spin you can put on an old tale? 


Every new story told is informed by the stories that came before it. One story inspires the next and the next. . . .

There is nothing new under the sun--there is only our unique voice and style, and the choices that will make the story exclusively ours.

So take a familiar topic (that interests you and/or piques your curiosity) and manipulate it, telling the story as only you can.

Be Brilliant!

~Katie~